- Your Group leader has been provided with way too much content so that they have plenty of material to work with – please trust their lead as they choose the elements that are best suited for your group dynamic, and especially if they choose to skip over particular elements or questions.
- If you still want to engage with a particular question or element that your Group leader skipped over, consider going through that part with a family member, a friend, or on your own.
QUESTIONS FOR LARGE GROUP DISCUSSION (30 minutes):
Let’s all have a Bible opened up to John 3:1-21 as we discuss what God was saying to us from this week’s message.
- As we reflect on Dr. Martin Luther King’s life and legacy, why is it so important for a church to be a place that doesn’t just live out Dr. King’s dream, but Jesus’ dream for His church?
- Read Ephesians 2:13-22. Do we still see a “dividing wall of hostility” today and how do we show the world what can happen when Jesus changes us?
- Read John 3:1-3. What is it that sparks Nicodemus to visit Jesus and why did he do this in the night? What are some questions about knowing Jesus that we have been afraid to ask?
- What does being a “born again” Christian mean?
- In what way did Jesus not come to judge the world? What did He come to do?
- John 3:16 can be summed up into: He loved. He gave. We believe. We live.
Where do we find ourselves overcomplicating this simple message?
PUTTING THIS INTO PRACTICE
Based on how God has spoken to us through this weekend’s message, here are some thoughts and examples of how we can put God’s word into everyday practice.
Think of someone who helped you discover the truth about following and knowing Jesus and consider how you will thank them by showing your appreciation for the clarity they’ve brought to your journey with Jesus.
Live with the expectation that God will use you to impact someone else this week.